How Do I Become A Disciple?
The above diagram is a simple way to start the process of being a disciple. Here are some steps to start your journey. Remember, these are tools to help you build a relationship with God, not items to check off a list to earn your salvation.
1. Read the Bible. (You can learn how to study the Bible by attending the Basics class, attend a small group, and/or read a book like Read the Bible for Life by George Guthrie)
2. Worship God and hear from His Word by regularly attending worship services. Here are some previous sermons.
3. Participate in a small group consistently. (This will help you to develop relationships with other Christians.)
4. Attend discipleship classes occasionally to grow in areas of need or areas of interest. Everyone at First Baptist should start with Discovery Class, then choose others that interest you.
5. Find another Christian who will spend time with you helping you grow as a Christian. You can find this person in one of two ways. Find someone you know who is a Christian and ask them to disciple you. Or, you can contact us and we will help you find a person who will disciple you.
6. Find a person for you to disciple. You don’t have to know everything, just share what you know about God, Jesus, the Bible, etc. with someone else.
7. Serve others. Serving can range from helping in preschool, children’s, or students, to going on a mission trip, serving coffee, or helping set-up the worship center. Serving helps take the focus off of you and put it on helping others.